Our client is a large Distribution center in the Milton area and looking for Forklift Operators to start immediately with a possibility to get hired on!
Starting Pay $22/hr + 0.50/hr premium
As a Forklift Operator, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Performs various manual labor functions such as picking inventory, counting cargo, product and material and hand staging and loading goods; uses reach truck and/or manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack.
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility on a reach truck
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure AND stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Would be required to use an RF gun
Experience and Qualification
- Must possess at least 2 years of prior experience in a similar role
- Must possess a valid Raymond Reach operator license
- Must possess a valid High Order Picker operator license
- Must possess at least a high school diploma
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Fast paced distribution center environment
- Conveyor machinery noise; material handling equipment traffic
- Constant sitting on forklift with frequent standing and walking through the shift
- May need to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Some kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Ascending and descending stairs, ladders and ramps
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer. It is company policy that there shall be no discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and/or age (as prescribed by law).
• Casual dress
• On-site parking
Employees have the option to wear a mask and common areas are sanitized frequently.
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Milton, ON L9T 5C1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
• Secondary School (required)
• Raymond Reach Operator: 1 year (required)
• High Order Picking: 1 year (preferred)
• Raymond Reach Operator License (required)
• Order Picker Operator License (preferred)