Operates forklift to source and load/unload products onto vehicles in an efficient and safety conscious manner.
1. Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles,
transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
2. Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of
required repairs. Complete forklift inspection sheet daily.
3. Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping
memo and completing paperwork.
4. Builds and arranges customer orders and loads onto vehicle giving consideration to
safety/security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customer
and routing of vehicle. Secures load to vehicle.
5. Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock
6. Consistently completes stock warning slips in a timely fashion.
7. Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct
8. Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting
9. Assists with general yard and warehouse maintenance, removing debris and straightening lifts.
10. Performs other job-related duties as required.
• Position requires an individual with a valid forklift certificate.
• Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
• Incumbent is required to work indoor as well as outdoor
Shift timing: 5:00pm to 1:30AM and alternates days off as we have a Sunday shift through to Friday.
Please call us directly on 905-566-0922 to speak to one of our Account Managers